- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, onions and mushrooms.
- Sauté 10 minutes.
- Stir in thyme and garlic.
- Cool mixture 10 minutes then stir in cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cut a slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket.
- Stuff each with 1/4 cup mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Set up a breading station with the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Dredge chicken in flour, dip in eggs and then dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place pan in oven and bake at 35° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165.