- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups bite sized pieces of asparagus
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- zest one lemon
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer.
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan.
- Sauté the garlic and shallot until lightly caramelized.
- Add the rice, salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring continually.
- Add the broth a 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, and waiting until the liquid is absorbed before each addition.
- When you are about half way through the broth, add the asparagus to the rice.
- Continue to add broth and stir.
- When the risotto is creamy and the rice is al dente remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan, zest and chives.