- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco (I used butter flavored)
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbl milk
- 1 Tbl vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Heat oven to 375 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine peanut butter, Crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add the egg and mix until just blended.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto the baking sheet.
- Flatten the cookies slightly using a fork (wetting the fork will keep it from sticking to the dough).
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.
- Let cool on the baking sheets about two minutes.
- Move to a cooling rack.
Source: Recipe insert