- 1 pound purchased or homemade gnocchi
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare gnocchi according to package directions.
- Drain and place gnocchi in a single-layer in a 1-1/2 quart shallow baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in flour until it thickens and bubbles, then whisk in milk and Dijon.
- Continue to whisk mixture and cook until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Combine cheese in a bowl, then add by the handful to milk mixture, stirring until melted before adding the next handful.
- Once all cheese is melted, season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over gnocchi and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano over top.
- Bake gnocchi until they puff and the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 25 minutes.