- 16 oz fresh tortellini
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil your tortellini until they are al dente.
- While the tortellini is boiling, chop the spinach roughly.
- Heat a large skillet using medium heat and put the two teaspoons of minced garlic into it.
- Sauté it briefly until fragrant, about thirty seconds or so.
- Add into the skillet the petite diced tomatoes (undrained), spinach, salt, pepper, dried basil, and onion flakes.
- Cook and stir over medium high heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and cream.
- Whisk until fairly smooth.
- Add the cream mixture into the the skillet along with the parmesan cheese.
- Heat through and reduce the heat to medium low and continue to stir and cook until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained tortellini and mix together gently.