- 2 chicken breasts
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Season the chicken breasts as desired.
- Cook in a heavy skillet.
- Shred or chop into small pieces.
- Set aside.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil in the skillet until tender.
- Add the chicken, arborio rice, wine, and chicken broth to the skillet.
- Stir together and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and turn the heat to low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Source: Marks family recipe