- 1 1/2 cups short cut pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to taste
- 3/4 cup of mild cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta and peas separately in lightly salted boiling water.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté over high heat the onion and celery in olive oil.
- Add chicken cubes and brown on all sides.
- Add the soup and seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Pour the pasta and peas into the pan and mix well.
- Spread in a large ovenproof dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven or until cheese is golden brown.