- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (16-ounce package) Velveeta, cubed
- Using a 4-quart slow cooker, put the spinach into the bottom.
- Add the chopped onion.
- In a pan, whisk together the butter and flour to form a roux.
- Slowly add the milk and water in 1 cup increments.
- Add salt and nutmeg.
- Stir well to combine, and then pour mixture on top of the spinach.
- Add velveeta.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or until the onions are translucent.
- Stir well before serving.