- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pork chops (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Rub brown sugar mixture over pork chops.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat until foaming subsides.
- Add pork chop and cook until well-browned, about 4 minutes.
- Flip pork and cook until browned on second side, about 3 minutes.
- Add bourbon to pan.
- Continue to cook until liquid had reduced to a dark glaze, about 3 minutes longer.
- Transfer pork chops to a large plate to rest, pouring any glaze on top.