- 5 Tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, divided
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 pound extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and garlic and cook 2 minutes, then add 1/2 cup hot sauce and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 more minute.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the flour and mustard until smooth.
- Whisk in the half-and-half, then add the remaining 1/4 cup hot sauce and stir until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, then whisk in the sour cream until smooth.
- Spread half of the macaroni in the prepared baking dish, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining macaroni.
- Pour the cheese sauce evenly on top.
- Bake until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with some wing sauce for color.