- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix chicken, onion, carrot, garlic and water.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in rice and butter.
- Increase heat setting to High.
- Cover; cook 5 minutes until rice is tender.
- Stir in soup and cheese.
- Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.