- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots (1/4-inch half-moon shape)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 12 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 cups canned cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups cooked chicken
- 4 cups rough, chopped red tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 3 cups cooked fusilli
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, rolled and sliced
- In a soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery, searing the veggies until the carrots have browned, 2–3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, then add the stock, beans, red pepper, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the veggies and beans soften.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, and parsley and allow the soup to cook until the tomatoes have softened.
- Finally, reduce the heat to low and add the pasta, cheese, oregano, and basil.
- Cook 20–30 more minutes.