- 1 large bunch of kale
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- fine grain sea salt
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (opt)
- crushed red pepper flakes
- De-stem each leaf of/kale. Tear or cut the big leaves into bite-sized pieces. Wash the greens in a big bowl (or sink) full of clean water, rinsing and swishing to rinse away any stubborn grit and dirt. Drain, rinse again, and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil.
- Add a couple big pinches of salt and the greens. They should hiss and spit a bit when they hit the pan.
- Stir continuously until their color gets bright green, and they just barely start to collapse 2-4 minutes.
- Thirty seconds before you anticipate pulling the skillet off of the heat, stir in the garlic.
- Saute a bit, remove the pan from the heat, stir in the Parmesan, and add a big pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Taste, add a bit of salt if needed, and serve immediately.