- 16 ounce jar of hot salsa (or heat level of choice)
- 2 pound block of Velveeta
- Cut Velveeta into approximately 1 inch cubes.
- Spray a large microwave safe bowl with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put about a third of the cheese in the bowl. Top with half the salsa. Put another layer of cheese, then salsa. Then finish with cheese.
- Microwave on 50% power for 10 minutes stirring halfway through.
- Microwave on 50% power for an additional 10 minutes stirring halfway though (yes, this gets done twice).
- If needed, you can continue cooking at 50% power for 2 minutes at a time. Stir well and cool slightly.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Source: Marks family recipe