- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate chip cookie dough
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour and baking powder, stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the heavy cream. Cover dough, and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters (or shape into thin rounds if you want more free-form cookies). Place half of the cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Leave the others to the side for the moment.
- On top of each cookie on the sheet, place a small spoonful of chocolate chip cookie dough (the amount will be fairly small, roughly 1/2 teaspoon).
- Place the rest of the sugar cookie halves on top of the cookie dough-topped cookie cutouts, and press down on the sides to ensure that the chocolate chip cookie dough is “sealed” within the two cutouts.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges. Remove from the oven, and let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.