- 7 cups great-tasting vegetable broth
- 2 or 3 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup whole wheat, barley, or regular couscous
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into tiny pieces smaller than your thumb
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets, cut into tiny pieces smaller than your thumb
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (opt)
- 4 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- an ounce or two of goat cheese
- In a large pot heat the broth, red pepper flakes, and olive oil.
- When it comes to a boil remove the pot from the heat and stir in the couscous.
- Wait two minutes and stir in the broccoli and cauliflower.
- Wait another two minutes – just long enough for the vegetables to loose their raw edge, and ladle into bowls.
- Top each bowl with some sun-dried tomatoes, green onions, and a bit of goat cheese.