- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (we used dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) carton 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 4 cups hot cooked penne (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 2 cups shredded roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach, oregano, and black pepper; sauté 3 minutes or just until spinach wilts.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process until very smooth.
- Combine spinach mixture, cottage cheese, pasta, chicken, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, and soup in a large bowl.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.