- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 teaspoons Maraschino Cherry Liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 4 Drops Red Food Coloring
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Maraschino Cherries, Drained and Chopped
- 48 Milk Chocolate Candy Kisses
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine Powdered Sugar, Butter, Cherry Liquid, Extract, and Food Coloring in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Add Flour and Salt. Mix well.
4. Stir in the Cherries.
5. Shape Dough into 1″ balls.
6. Place 2″ apart on ungreased sheets.
7. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until you can see that the lower edge is a light golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and press a candy kiss into the top each cookie.
Note: I substituted vanilla extract for the almond and it tasted great.