- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 2 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups finely diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Saute onions and peppers in butter until tender. Blend in flour and make a roux.
Slowly add milk, broth and wine, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add mushrooms, chicken and pimientos. Salt and pepper to taste. Heat through. Fold in eggs.
- Serve over bed of rice.
Note: You can substitute cooked turkey for the chicken, it’s an excellent use for Thanksgiving leftovers.
Source: Marks family recipe