- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 leeks, white parts only, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- One 6-ounce bag baby spinach
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 7 ounces corn tortilla chips, approximately half of a store-bought bag
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
- After a minute add the onion and leeks to the pan and season with the salt. Cook the vegetables until translucent and tender.
- Add the spinach and continue to cook, turning the spinach over, until wilted and coated in oil. Add the lemon juice and continue to cook.
- Meanwhile, evenly arrange the tortilla chips in a cast-iron skillet. (An oven-safe 10-inch pan will work as well.) Cover the chips with half of the cooked spinach-leek mixture. Evenly distribute the fresh mozzarella slices over the vegetables. Spread the remaining vegetables over the cheese.
- Make four wells an equal distance apart in the vegetable mixture. Crack an egg into each well.
- In a small bowl, toss the halved cherry tomatoes in the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Evenly distribute the tomatoes around the edge of the skillet to garnish.
- Bake the nachos skillet in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the egg whites have firmed up. Bake for longer if you do not like runny eggs.