- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled*
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, heavy cream salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Stir in the cooked and crumbled bacon.Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.