- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. Cream sugar and butter together in mixing bowl.
4. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.
5. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until combined. Do not over-mix.
6. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper and make the dough balls rather small because they will spread in the oven. I always test about 3 cookies in the oven first before making an entire batch. Sprinkle the cookies with nutmeg.
7. Bake 15-18 minutes, mine took 17, until the edges are lightly brown.
8. While the cookies are in the oven make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog.
9. Drizzle the glaze over your cookies and devour!