- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices peppered bacon, cooked
- 4 ounces turkey breast, sliced (I like to use leftover roasted turkey!)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices buttermilk bread
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- butter for spreading on bread
- In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat. Add mushrooms and saute until tender and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Spread butter evenly on one side of each bread slice and sprinkle evenly with garlic powder.
- Layer one slice of cheese on the unbuttered side of 2 bread slices, then add the turkey, mushrooms, spinach, and bacon, dividing ingredients evenly between both sandwiches. Top each sandwich with remaining cheese slices and the bread, leaving buttered side out.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet and carefully transfer sandwiches to skillet. Grill sandwiches on both sides until cheese is melted, spinach is slightly wilted, and bread is toasted to golden-brown. Slice sandwich in half and serve immediately.