serves Serves 20, active time 30 minutes, total time 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 2 3/4 cups (12 3/8 ounces) all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from one lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces fresh blackberries
- Nonstick cooking spray, for pan
- Move oven rack to the center position and preheat oven to 350°F. Spray your bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of flour over blackberries and toss lightly to coat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together remaining flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides and beating the mixture after each addition. Add the vanilla, lemon juice, and zest, mixing until fully incorporated. With the mixer on medium low, mix in half of the sour cream followed by half of the flour mixture, then repeat. Fold in the blackberries and transfer batter to the bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the cake is golden brown, springy to the touch, and a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.