serves 4, active time 10, total time 15
- 1 pound frozen tortellini
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 ear steamed or boiled corn, kernels sliced off the cob
- 1 tomato, halved, seeds squeezed out, flesh sliced into strips
- 1/2 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeds scooped out, sliced into strips
- 1/2 small red onion, diced or thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup canola or olive oil or a combination
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled goat cheese to garnish
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions, usually until they float. Drain, rinse, and allow to cool while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a small food processor (or whisk by hand in a large serving bowl), combine the vinegar and Dijon mustard. Process for 15 seconds until creamy, or whisk vigorously. Add the oil while the food processor is running to create a smooth emulsion, or dribble slowly into the bowl while whisking constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the vegetables and dressing in a salad bowl. Add the tortellini and toss gently to coat. Season to taste, and serve with goat cheese crumbled on top.