- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 bags Baby Spinach
- 2 cans Artichoke Hearts, Drained And Halved
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1½ cups Mozzarella Or Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
- ½ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth (less Or More)
- 12 ounces Penne, Cooked Until Al Dente
- ½ cup Italian Panko Breadcrumbs
- Crushed Red Pepper, To Taste
- In a large pot, melt 2 Tablespoons butter. Add the garlic and spinach. Stir in the butter and garlic until wilted. About 1-2 minutes. Remove spinach from heat and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt another 2 Tablespoons butter on high heat and add the halved artichokes until they slightly change in color about 2 minutes. Remove artichokes from the pot and set aside.
- Turn heat to low and add 2 Tablespoons of butter. Once it is melted, whisk the flour into the butter. Pour in milk and whisk to combine. Let it cool for about 4 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add parmesan, mozzarella/monterey jack, salt and pepper, and cayenne pepper. Depending on how thick it is, slowly add the chicken broth, up to ½ cup depending on desired thickness.
- Add artichokes and pasta to the sauce, tossing gently to coat. Fold in spinach, then pour the pasta into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle panko crumbs on top for added crunch and sprinkle crushed red pepper.