serves 8, active time 30 minutes, total time 9 hours
- 1 recipe Oat Crumble Pie Crust, shaped in a pie plate and chilled (timesaver: 1 packaged, frozen graham cracker crust)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 packages vanilla pudding mix (3.4 ounces each)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- Garnish: Candied Orange Zest or crushed orange candies
- Whisk together evaporated milk, pudding mix, and zest in a bowl for 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Beat cream cheese and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add orange juice concentrate, beating until smooth; add evaporated milk mixture, and beat until blended.
- Pour into crust. Cover and chill 8 hours or until firm.
- Combine cream and confectioner’s sugar in a bowl and whip with a whisk until it holds soft peaks. Dollop or pipe each slice with whipped cream, and garnish with candied zest or candy if desired.