- 1 1/2 cups (7 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso (see note)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (about 3 1/2 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Heath Bits’o Brickle Toffee Bits
Adjust oven racks to upper and lower-middle positions and preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and espresso; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed evenly combined. mix in toffee bits. Drop dough by the rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until cookies are just starting to get golden at the edges, 14 to 18 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and serve.