- 1/2 pound macaroni
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, grated, divided
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease (substitute vegetable oil)
- 4 ounces country ham, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 2-quart soufflé dish. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta until it is just beginning to soften to the al dente stage. Drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
Reserve 1/2 cup of the cheddar. Stir the remaining cheddar, blue cheese, and Parmesan into the hot pasta. Combine the eggs, sour cream, cream, and dill in a bowl, and whisk well. Add it to the macaroni mixture. Stir well.
Heat the bacon grease in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ham, and cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through. Stir the ham into the pasta, and pour it into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the reserved cheddar on top.
Bake the soufflé in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the custard is set. Serve immediately.