- 1/4 cup gochujang (a spicy red pepper paste found in Asian grocery stores)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vineger
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Combine gochujang, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Gochujang can be inconsistent in its thickness. Add up to 2 tablespoons water until sauce is just barely thin enough to drop off a spoon with inverted. Serve with fried chicken.