- 8 oz (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 10-12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pkg Double Stuf Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add butter and sugars to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking soda with a wire whisk until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place a scoop of cookie dough on top of an Oreo cookie. Place another scoop on the bottom of the Oreo. Seal the edges together by pressing and cupping the dough in hand until the Oreo is completely enclosed. Shape into a thick patty. Repeat with remaining cookies and dough.
- Place the stuffed cookies on the prepared baking sheet a couple of inches apart and bake for 11-15 minutes, until the cookies are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack
Source: © 2012 The Picky Palate Cookbook by Jenny Flake