1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of white sugar
1 cup of Nutella
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter in an electric mixer for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugars and Nutella and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds between each.
- Add the vanilla and mix for 10 seconds.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix into the butter mixture on low speed until fully incorporated, scraping down the bottom and sides at least once to ensure even mixing.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts and refrigerate the dough for ten minutes.
- Spoon tablespoon-sized drops of cough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the sheets for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Makes 6 dozen.