3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup chopped onion
29-ounce can black beans, drained, 1/2 cup liquid reserved
1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
5 10-inch flour tortillas
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup store-bought green enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 the beans and mash into a chunky paste.
- Stir in the reserved liquid.
- Grease a heavy, ovenproof skillet.
- In a bowl, combine the corn, parsley and remaining black beans.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet and spread with 1/3 cup of the mashed black bean mixture.
- Top with 2/3 cup corn-bean mixture and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Press to compress the layers.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, mashed black beans, corn-bean mixture and cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to the broiler and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve with the enchilada sauce.