one small bag of small potatoes
salt & pepper
1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by placing the unpealed potatoes in a large saucepan.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and cover with water.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and cook at a low boil until they are tender enough to slide a knife in easily.
- Drain the potatoes and refrigerate until you are ready to brown them in a large skillet.
- Heat the olive in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Smash each potato with a masher or the bottom of a heavy glass.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until crisp, and them turn and cook the other side.
- Sprinkle with chives, fresh herbs, whatever and serve.
Makes 4 Servings