2 boxes white cake mix
gel food colouring
16 oz whipped topping
2 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- Make the cake batter according to package instructions.
- Measure the total volume (by my estimate, 64 oz), then divide by 6 and measure into separate bowls.
- There are 8 oz in a cup, so 64/6 = 10 to 11 oz, or 1 cup + 2 tbsp.
- Stir colour into each bowl with its own spoon.
- For the first colour into the pan, measure out 2/3 to 3/4 of your mix (in this case about 1 c) as close to the middle as you can.
- Drop in your first three colours, then work on the other pan with the last three colours.
- So if you’re doing rainbow order, the first pan should have red, then orange, then yellow, and now the purple, blue and green go into the second pan.
- As a recap, this is so both layers are roughly the same size.
- Bake the cake for however long the box tells you to bake it.
- Let cool completely before moving to a wire rack.
- Just mix the pudding mix in with the whipped topping for a few minutes.
- Dye if you’re into that.
- Frost the cake and serve.
Makes 12 servings