2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup sliced green onion
1 1/3 cups uncooked long-grain rice
4 cups water
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook green onions in butter briefly, then add the rice.
- Cook and stir for a few minutes to toast rice.
- Stir in water, and season with chicken bouillon and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Makes 6 Servings