1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
3 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup shredded Vermont white Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Bring cauliflower and chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the saucepan and increase heat to medium-high.
- Allow cauliflower to simmer until soft and the cooking liquid has reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from the heat, and add the butter, Cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mash with a potato masher until the cheeses have melted and the cauliflower is smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 Servings