1 pound linguine, broken in half
4 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 red bell peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
3 cups snow peas
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
3/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain very well.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Whisk 3 tablespoons sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne pepper in small bowl to blend.
- Season with salt.
- Mix half of dressing into pasta.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers, peas and onion and sauté until just beginning to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables to pasta.
- Mix in peanuts, basil and enough dressing to coat.
Makes 6 Servings