3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 large eggs
2 cups puréed bananas (from about 4 bananas)
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 17-ounce jar caramel sauce
2 tablespoons dark rum
2 bananas, peeled, sliced
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap outside of 9-inch diameter springform pan with 3-inch -high sides with heavy-duty foil.
- Combine flour, pecans, butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in cornstarch.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just blended after each addition.
- Add puréed banana, sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat just until combined.
- Transfer filling to crust-lined pan.
- Place pan in large roasting pan.
- Add enough hot water to roasting pan to come 1 inch up sides of springform pan.
- Bake until center of cake is just set, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- Mix together sour cream, sugar and vanilla in small bowl until well blended.
- Spread topping over cheesecake.
- Bake until topping is set, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off oven.
- Let cake stand in oven until cooled to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Refrigerate cake until well chilled.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut around cake to loosen; remove pan sides.
- Transfer cake to platter.
- Warm caramel sauce in small saucepan over low heat, stirring often.
- Mix in rum.
- Drizzle some sauce decoratively over cake.
- Arrange bananas top cake.
Makes 10 Servings