2-3/4 medium potatoes, sliced
2-1/2 ounces sliced bacon
5 ounces processed American cheese, sliced
1/8 onion, chopped
1/3 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon black olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Put sliced potatoes into a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- At the same time, place bacon in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together the potatoes, cheese, onion, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Crumble bacon over the top, and sprinkle with olives.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
Makes Four Servings