Chocolate Wafer Crust
1 1/2 cups (6.3oz) Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer cookie crumbs
4 tbsp (2oz) unsalted butter, melted
Peanut Butter Mousse
5 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp (1oz) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (4oz) confectioners’ sugar
3/4 cup (7oz) creamy peanut butter
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
3 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup whole milk
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
To make the crust:
- Lightly butter the bottom of a 9×3 inch springform pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and the melted butter until combined.
- Press the crumbs onto the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Refrigerate the crust while you make the PB mousse.
To make the PB mousse:
- In the bowl of a standing mixer using the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Mix in the confectioners’ sugar.
- Add the peanut butter and salt and mix until well blended.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and set aside.
- In a clean mixer bowl, using the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until almost blended.
- Fold in another 1 1/2 cups of the whipped cream until completed blended.
- Scrape the peanut butter mousse into the prepared pan and spread evenly over the crust.
- Refrigerate while you make the chocolate mousse.
To make the chocolate mousse:
- Place both chocolates in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Leave the chocolate in the bowl.
- Combine the milk and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- With the food processor running, pour the hot milk mixture through the feed tube and process until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the vanilla, and process until blended.
- Scrape mixture into a large bowl.
- Gently fold one-third of the remaining whipped cream into the chocolate.
- Fold in the rest of the whipped cream until completely blended.
- Scrape the chocolate mousse over the peanut butter mousse layer.
- Loosely cover the cake and freeze for at least 1 hour, until firm.
- Run a thin-bladed knife under hot water and wipe dry, run the knife between the cake and the side of the pan to release the cake.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan.
- The cake is ready for serving.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Makes 12 Servings