29 ounces canned sliced peaches in light syrup
18 ounces yellow cake mix
6 ounces cream soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
- Warm a Dutch oven, but do not get it too hot.
- Pour peaches into the bottom of the dutch oven.
- Open the can of cream soda and pour it gently over the peaches.
- Dump cake mix evenly on top of the peach and pop concoction.
- Poke the stick into the mix but don’t stir.
- This is very important.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon on top of the dry cake mix.
- You want a dry top and a soggy bottom.
- Put small pats of butter evenly on the top of the dry cake mix.
- Put the lid on the oven
- Cook at 350 for about 45 minutes
- The bubbling of the liquid will mix the cake and liquid and produce a nice brown crust with gooey bottom.
Makes 6 Servings