Creamy Bow Ties with Sausage and Tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
1/2 cup diced onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can Italian plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoons salt
12 ounce bow tie pasta
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and pepper flakes.
- Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream and salt.
- Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water to desired doneness.
- Serve on a plate or flat bowl with cream mixture.
- Top with fresh grated parmesan and parsley.