2 sticks butter, more for pan and parchment paper
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup flour
- Butter a 13-by-9-inch baking pan and line with buttered parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In top of a double boiler set over barely simmering water, or on low power in a microwave, melt butter and chocolate together.
- Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl or mixer, whisk eggs.
- Whisk in salt, sugars and vanilla.
- Whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Fold in flour just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until shiny and beginning to crack on top.
- Cool in pan on rack.
Yield: 15 large or 24 small brownies.