- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon anise
- Pizzelle maker
- Beat the eggs.
- Add the remaining ingredients one at a time. Beat until combined.
- Spoon batter into each plate of the pizzelle maker.
- Cook approximately 1 minute or until they stop steaming.
Source: Pizzelle maker recipe.
- 8 slices bacon cut in 1 inch pieces
- 6 medium red potatoes cut in 1/2 in cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 ounce can of corn, drained
- In a large pot, saute the bacon until crisp.
- Add the potatoes and onions.
- Stir occasionally until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season as desired with salt and pepper.
Adapted from: Some random Land of Lakes (1987) subscription cookbook
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Refrigerated pie dough
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell.
- Add the top crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 450.
- Lower the temperature to 350 and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, molasses and egg in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Gently beat together until well blended.
- For each cookie, shape a generous tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool on a wire rack.