Sunday: Roasted turkey breast, homemade stuffing, peas with sauteed mushrooms and onions, roasted sweet potatoes, sourdough rolls, pumpkin pie
Monday: Swiss steak, buttered noodles, corn
Tuesday: Pancakes, sausage
Wednesday: BLTs, Potato cheddar Guinness soup
Thursday: Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans with onions and mushrooms
Friday: Beer battered fish, gnocchi mac and cheese, fresh spinach with a red wine vinaigrette
Saturday: Eat out
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to tastse
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 package chicken cutlets
- 2 cups shredded mozerella cheese (or more if you like cheese)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Sauté the onion in olive oil in a large skillet until just starting to brown.
- Add tomatoes, cream and salt and pepper to the pan.
- Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Cook the lasagna noodles as directed, drain and set aside.
- Bread chicken cutlets in egg, then bread crumbs and fry in olive oil.
- Set aside to cool.
- Layer lasagna doing sauce, noodles, cheese, noodles, sauce, chicken, sauce, cheese, noodles, sauce, cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 25 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- 1 chocolate cookie crumb pie crust
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup ice-cream topping (chocolate, caramel, etc)
- Arrange bananas over bottom of crust.
- Spread ice cream in an even layer over bananas.
- Top with drained pineapple.
- Spread Cool Whip over top.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Place pie in freezer for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with cherries and ice-cream topping.
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Split-Ice-Cream-Pie/
- 1 (12 ounce) package medium seashell pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 (26 ounce) jars tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, and cook the spinach 4 to 6 minutes, until tender. Then drain.
- Place the cooked pasta in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and half and half.
- In another bowl, combine the pasta sauce, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Toss the pasta with the cooked spinach and egg mixture.
- Cover the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish with 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Pour half of the pasta mixture into the baking dish, and cover with another 1/3 of the pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheeses.
- Layer with remaining pasta mixture, and top with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheeses.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cheryls-Spinach-Cheesy-Pasta-Casserole/Detail.aspx
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, onions and mushrooms.
- Sauté 10 minutes.
- Stir in thyme and garlic.
- Cool mixture 10 minutes then stir in cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cut a slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket.
- Stuff each with 1/4 cup mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Set up a breading station with the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Dredge chicken in flour, dip in eggs and then dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place pan in oven and bake at 35° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 full sleeves of Ritz crackers
- kosher salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp dill pickle juice (yep – from the jar)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Crush your Ritz crackers in a large ziptop bag.
- Trim your chicken breasts of fat and season well.
- Dip chicken in the sour cream
- Then dip in the grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Finally dip in the Ritz cracker crumbs with the added dried parsley.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for about 35 min or until internal digital thermometer reaches 160 degrees.
- Allow it to rest 5 minutes.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients (dill, parsley, soup, sour cream and butter) and stir until hot.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche
- 1 cup grated Gruyère
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon panko
- Preheat the oven.
- Blanch the broccoli in salted boiling water for 2 minutes and drain well.
- Toss the broccoli with the cream fraîche, three quarters of the cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Spoon the broccoli mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Top with the panko, and the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the top is golden and bubbling (30 to 35 minutes).
- 1 28 ounce can Campbell’s Pork and Beans
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 ounce package bacon
- Combine the beans, onion, mustard, catsup and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Pour into a pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cut bacon into large pieces.
- Layer bacon on top of beans.
- Bake for 2-2.5 hours at 350.
Note: Measurements are approximate. Adjust to your tastes.
Source: Marks family recipe.
Sunday: Baked pork chops, Oven browned potatoes, Vegetable, Sourdough rolls, Pecan sour cream pound cake
Monday: Chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, Refried beans
Tuesday: Baked ziti, Garlic knots
Wednesday: Salmon patties, Tater tots, Vegetable
Thursday: Grilled hamburgers, Macaroni salad, Grandma’s baked beans
Friday: Clam chowder, Grilled cheese
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- 8 ounces clam juice or fresh seafood stock
- 2 cups of the smallest pink shrimp you can find
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- Add the clam juice to 4 cups of water in a pot, heat until steamy, but do not let it boil.
- In separate pot (thick-bottomed), heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat, and sauté the minced shallots for 2-3 minutes, until just translucent.
- Add the rice to the pot.
- Stir-fry the rice for 2-3 minutes, until all the grains are well coated in butter and are beginning to toast.
- Increase the heat to high and add the white wine.
- With a wooden spoon, stir the rice vigorously.
- Once the wine boils, turn the heat down until the wine is just simmering gently.
- Stir almost constantly.
- When the wine is almost cooked away pour in two ladles of the hot clam broth-water mixture.
- Stir well to combine, and add a healthy pinch of salt.
- Stirring almost constantly, let this liquid reduce until it is almost gone, then add another ladle of broth.
- Continue this until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Taste the spoon and see if the risotto needs salt. If so, add a small pinch.
- Now add in the shrimp, the parsley, and the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Stir constantly until this last cup of broth is about half gone because you want this risotto to be loose and creamy.
- Right before you serve, add in the lemon zest and serve at once.