- 8 slices bacon cut in 1 inch pieces
- 6 medium red potatoes cut in 1/2 in cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 ounce can of corn, drained
- In a large pot, saute the bacon until crisp.
- Add the potatoes and onions.
- Stir occasionally until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season as desired with salt and pepper.
Adapted from: Some random Land of Lakes (1987) subscription cookbook
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Refrigerated pie dough
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell.
- Add the top crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 450.
- Lower the temperature to 350 and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, molasses and egg in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Gently beat together until well blended.
- For each cookie, shape a generous tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- 1 ounce dried mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup chicken stock, heated
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fresh crimini mushrooms, chopped
- Place mushrooms in a bowl and pour the boiling water over them.
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and sweat until they start to turn translucent in color.
- Add rice and stir until all the grains are covered with oil.
- To the rice, add the stock and wine.
- Remove the mushrooms from their liquid, reserving the liquid, and chop them roughly.
- Add the mushrooms with their liquid to the pot.
- Add salt, raise heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir well and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring once more after 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and cheese.
Adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-lieberman/creamy-mushroom-risotto-with-rosemary-grilled-pork-tenderloin-recipe.html